Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Corrective Feedback



From Exemplars for the Productive Skills

Benchmark 1
https://universityofmanitoba.desire2learn.com/content/enforced3/309458-17788.201890/Content/materials/unit%203/Readings/CLB%20Support%20Kit%20Writing%20Samples.pdf?_&d2lSessionVal=LPpWfW1jOTPuoSF9cnAdVh6eQ&ou=309458

To provide corrective feedback and error correct I would use what J. Harmer calls “responding.”  I would circle or cross out where something is missing or is extra. For example, “I ⭕married,” “I am married.” I would then on the side rewrite each sentence appropriately so that my student would see what their sentences should have looked like. In this way, students can begin to visualize and see the rhythm of sentence structure. If I would meet with the student, I would speak the sentences they had written and my rewritten sentences so they could hear the difference as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment